Error serving generated xml - Windows - Apache - Mongrel
Kevin Ansberry
2007-04-18 20:21:32 UTC
I am attempting to follow the document created by Brain Hogan on
"Serving Multiple Rails Applications on Windows with Apache and Mongrel"
and all seems well except for one issue. One of my actions generates an
xml document and uses the "send_data" method to return the file.
However, this is the error I get when executing this controller action:

Proxy Error
The proxy server could not handle the request GET
/cbf_dev/admin/generate_spreadsheet_xml/2.

This function works as expected when calling Mongrel directly, but as
soon as I proxy the call through Apache to Mongrel, the above error.

Can anyone help me solve this issues? I think it is something to do with
the way Apache (and the reverse_proxy_fix.rb file described in document
mentioned above) is attempting to reconcile the name?

This newbie thanks you in advance for any help.

Kevin.
Kevin Ansberry
2007-04-18 21:32:41 UTC
Forget this request. I discovered the problem was due to spaces being in
the name of the file I was sending. As soon as I changed the name from
"CMBS Design.xls" to "CMBS-Design.xls", everything started working.

Thanks,
Kevin
Kevin Ansberry
2007-04-18 22:01:44 UTC
Well, I thought I fixed this problem entirely, but now it seems to
happen if the xml generation takes too long. Could Apache be timing out
waiting for the "send_data" response?

If so, does anyone know how to fix that issue?

Kevin